Friday, December 28, 2007

Why We Love What We Love...

Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Grieving Over Thongs

One of the things I've enjoyed most about having this obsession with women's panties has been how much pleasure I get from browsing around public places looking for the delightful hints that are offered by women's outwear - hints about what's being worn beneath - ie - VPL.

I understand how hard most women work at avoiding a display of VPL (visible panty line), but in my experience, short of wearing no panties at all, there is probably no way for her to keep a professional peeker like me from finding enough hints to decide what kind of panties the lady is wearing.

Inevitably there will be a slight indentation where the leg elastic binds just a bit, or perhaps her trousers gap just a bit revealing a flash of the elastic waistband, or it might be when she bends over I will see the faint telltale line of her panty gusset. It's also possible to pick up a hint of the woman's panties' color through the fabric of a carelessly chosen pair of shorts or trousers. By wearing only pantyhose, or (gasp!) a thong style panty, a woman can derail even the most professional of peekers.

But when I do find a VPL it is both a satisfying and exciting find.The point of this little rant is that most of us who have a panty fetish are actually sort of old fashioned romantics at heart. I suppose it's not very politically correct to even admit to having such a condition, and many women may feel it's not very polite for me to want to take advantage of those careless moments when her panties have been exposed in public, but I do believe peeking is pretty much a normal male response to finding an opportunity to get a look at something as intimate, exciting and forbidden as a woman in her panties.

It's a hobby shared by the regular Joe as well as the hard core panty lover. I enjoy the mental exercise offered by VPLs and how they allow me to use all the visible clues presented by the woman to come up with my best guess as to what she's got on. But where Joe's curiosity is satisfied by a lucky peek, mine is revved up by it causing me to fantasize about what she may have looked like getting dressed that morning, who she may have had thoughts of as she selected her lingerie, and of course, what else she may do later on.

Growing up as I did in the late 40's and 50's was a delightful time for a young panty lover. Women wore glorious clothes, and most often over wonderful delicious layers of lingerie. By the time I was dating in high school (quite a few years before the launch of the "sexual revolution" of the 60's) she allowed me to slowly discover all the detail of each of those marvelous, sexy garments she was wearing... but only over the extended time it took me to earn her trust.

In the 60's Carole King sang a song titled "Anticipation" which pretty well describs the joyful process I went through with my girlfriend - working through layer after layer of her most intimate garments before ever finding the few square inches of exotic bare skin that were covered and shielded by all that wonderful lingerie.

Today where is the mystery? Where is the anticipation? How can any man feel he's got anything to look forward to when the Lingerie Industry has mandated the "Less Is More" theory for their lingerie and clothing designs. Whoever designed the thong (as an undergarment or swim suit) ought to be drawn and quartered!

Women's clothing styled to "Give it all away" to every and anyone who casts a casual glance her way has taken the delight out of watching them. What's to look forward to anymore? Most men today probably see a woman in her clothes and wonder what she looks like naked... a panty fetishist such as me sees a naked woman and wonders what she'd look like in her panties (full briefs, please!)... and her bra... and her full lacy slip....Now that's kinky, no?

Thongs are Awful, Unforgiveable Stuff!I believe the sense of mystery, anticipation and awe men (and boys) experienced decades ago fostered a more polite and romantic culture. We can all agree that the progress generated by the women's movement have helped move women rights closer to where things ought to be today... but I'm really talking about here is not seeing women as objects, but growing up with a respect and appreciation that just doesn't square with teenaged girls hanging most of their naked bodies out for public review when the go to the beach.

I suppose these are the hopeless rants of an old geezer who has lost his modern sensibilities - perhaps he's too caught up in memories of the past to appreciate today's definition of "sexy", but it does seem to me that both young men and women today are missing out on something quite lovely. Discovering everything about each other doesn't have to happen on the first date. I do think they just might enjoy the agonizing anticipation of earning things the old fashioned way... one delightful, slippery layer at a time.

Oh, and please write your congressperson and ask them to make thongs illegal?
posted by Gusseteer at 6:15 PM

4 comments:

Wabberjock said...

I certainly agree with your love of VPL. It's so ludicrous to me that women assume that VPL is ugly and destroys the look of their clothes. To me, they make it!

I of course am always on the lookout for the telltale line low on the hip that tells me that the woman is probably wearing full briefs. I don't care much for bikinis and thongs are beyond the pale, and I get a tremendous sexual charge from knowing that the woman is wearing briefs. And if you can see the waistband, omygod, I have fantasies for days.

Unfortunately, all this is going away. I think even the briefs available these days are not all that interesting. I love the old-fashioned styles from the fifties and sixties, nylon fabric in pastel colors and floral prints. I love lace trim. These panties are getting harder and harder to find, and they're not really being made anymore. Thank goodness for eBay, or we'd never see them again.

I have spent a lot of time in my life thinking about why panties excite me so, and I can't say I've come up with much. There is something that is to me very feminine about nylon full brief panties, something very exciting having to do with the mystery of that which is suggested but not seen. Full nudity is not nearly as exciting to me as bra-and-panties, especially if the panties are the kind I like.

I also like wearing panties myself, although I'm firmly hetero. I wonder if there are other collectors who don't. Any ideas on that?

Finally, I'll just echo the idea that my interest in lingerie is something I've had since my earliest memories. I think that our sexual proclivities, including gay or straight, are things we're born with, not choices (that points up the absurdity of making homosexuality illegal, or thinking that it's learned behavior). I don't think I could change it if I wanted to, and since it's basically a harmless pursuit, I don't want to any more. I just want to be able to enjoy it.

INDY said...

Interesting comments again! You also may want to go over to read what's posted at "Slip of a Girl" today (the link to "Slip" is at bottom of this Blog)... Check out "13 reasons to love vintage lingerie".

It was a delight to read a woman's point of view on vintage lingerie. Couldn't be in more agreement with what was said.

Slip of a Girl is a remarkable site. She posts interesting writers and has a refreshing and reliable point of view that I've loved from the first day I dropped by.

Check it out... and be sure not to miss clicking on the link to "Nylon Whispers" in Reason #13! What a brilliant piece of writing that one is!

On to your question about "wearing" panties; personally I don't, although I fully get the exqusite feelings they generate against the skin. I suppose each of our experiences with panties as we grew up defines the little things like that.

At the end of the day, each of us has such an individualized love affair with these glorious garments that it doesn't require us to be the same.

Though my pleasure with panties is derived differently than yours, we both can easily understand, recognize and affirm the other's panty mania for what it is... an absolute love affair.

Thanks again for the comment... tell a friend to come by, but until then, Keep on Keeping on!
INDY

Wabberjock said...

Indy, IMO "an individualized love affair" is very well put. In the large sense, we all share this love of classic lingerie, but on an individual level, HOW we love them varies enormously. It's something I've always noticed - that there are almost as many variations in how we enjoy our panties as there are people who love them.

Colors are but one example. I love prints and pastel colors, not that interested in black and only slightly in red. I know of others who love black almost exclusively and red seems to excite a lot of people. Trim is another example - I like some lace trim, but not an excessive amount. Very frilly handmade panties are less exciting to me than very feminine panties that women actually wear, or wore. But I'm sure there are many others who feel that the frillier the better.

Some guys like "panty parties" where a bunch of guys sit around wearing panties and talk about them. This has never appealed much to me, I much prefer seeing women in panties than men in panties.

While I find this variation very interesting, I have always hoped to find someone, just one person, who likes exactly what I like, maybe just to have to totally kindred soul. But a blog like this, where we can share all our different ideas is the next best thing.

Rambeau said...

Being fairly new to admitting to myself that I have a panty fetish, I am not well versed in styles, but I know what I like when I see it. I remember the trouble I had buying my first (and only) panties. I didn't like what I considered the "old lady" styles (which may be what you guys like), but I also didn't want thongs, or non-lacy panties. I settled for some Joe Boxer silk bikinis that were on sale, and told my g/f I'd share them with her if she liked.

Wabberjock, I guess my taste leans in your direction. Not so much the old styles, but feminine colors and lace. And you're right, while I like wearing them, seeing them on some guys is not too appetizing. But check out the pics on Panties.......Plus (http://meninpantiesandlingerie.blogspot.com/). Now that's the look I like and would love to wear!