Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Erotic Embarrassment or Panty Betrayal?

What a pleasure to be able to share with you the thoughts of a very good friend, someone I've known since the very early days when I discovered that I was not alone as a frantic panty lover. Steve Post and I have been corresponding since back in the days when we had to use "snail mail" to share our ideas.

Long before we all began browsing the Internet, I first saw his photos in the reader's section of Leg Show Magazine and had to find out more about this remarkable guy and his beautiful wife.

The name he's used on and off again over the years best describes his view of the erotic: "Hiddenviews". What better way to capture what drives us!

I discovered that Steve and I shared a lot about how we saw our world - the world of panties and other lingerie. Though I love words, I quickly saw that Steve had a firmer grasp of language and he also had clearer insights into the erotic needs that drive guys like us.

There is no better voice from the panty/lingerie community than Steve - he is our very own Panty Philosopher.

I am honored to share a message Steve sent to my Yahoo group earlier today. I hope you all enjoy his musings on "Erotic Embarrassment / Panty Betrayal".
INDY
PS... If you enjoy what he has to say, please stop by his Yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/girdles/

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Reading about "geocaching" on http://pantytontine .blogspot. com took me back to my own youthful days… guilt mixed with pleasure… I began to think how the guilt became part of eroticism I now enjoy so much.

I also thought about my spouse and her interests, that spring not from feelings of guilt, but from embarrassment. As I thought more about how my guilt and her embarrassment fit meld with erotic pleasures, the terms "erotic embarrassment" , and "panty betrayal" took hold.

It all goes back to those days of fun at the funhouse I so often reminisce about at my group/blog http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/girdles/ and also of a time when catalog ads for girdles and panties were the mainstay of one's stash of erotic material.

It's ironic that in those repressive 1950's days, women's girdles and panties were so elaborately feminine and sensual in design; it had to make a woman feel ultra feminine, along with some level of desire to show off what they had on. But the restrictions and morays back then also instilled a strong sense of embarrassment about being seen in one's girdle, panty, or even just bra!

As sometimes happens when events and strong emotions become involved with equally strong erotica during one's formative years, the events and emotions become associated with erotica. In this regard, I can understand how a woman who finds it highly embarrassing to be seen in her panties, etc., might finds herself increasingly intrigued by the embarrassment to the point that it becomes pleasurable!

Well, so much for the female side of this, as for the male, this is where "panty betrayal" comes into play. Those of us privileged to have gone through the restrictive 1950's with all the sneaking around to keep one's stash of girdle, panty, and swimsuit ads hidden felt lots of guilt. Even more so, was the feeling that these ads were supposed to be just for women, and that our nefarious use of them might be found out - more guilt!

I guess I could term this male guilt "erotic guilt" instead of "panty "betrayal"- but I have to admit I like throwing in the word "panty" whenever I can. Still, considering the way I like to show off Babs in girdles, panties, etc., "panty betrayal" is a better fit.

The beauty of the two mindsets (the woman intrigued by "erotic embarrassment" , the man schooled in "panty betrayal") is how complimentary they are to each other."
Steve Post

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!